Marianne G. Robak
Marianne G. Robak has more than 11 years of legal experience. Marianne’s practice areas include business disputes, commercial litigation, UCC law (including articles 2, 3, 4 and 9), drafting and negotiating contracts, banking law, recapturing fraudulently transferred assets, alter ego/piercing the corporate veil, collections and creditor’s rights.
Marianne also assists clients in disputes among import/export businesses in and around the Port of Houston and in investigating complex international fraud schemes. She has successfully participated in jury and non-jury trials, evidentiary hearings (such as temporary injunctions), summary judgments and appeals.
While at South Texas College of Law (STCL) in Houston, Texas, Marianne was selected as a member of its top ranked moot court team, where she competed in five national advocacy tournaments. One of her greatest accomplishments was winning STCL’s 89th national championship, where her team presented oral argument to judges from the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Texas Kidney, Inc. v. ASD Specialty Healthcare, Inc., 2014 WL 3002425 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th] 2014, no writ).
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Bank Litigation
- Mortgage/Lender Litigation
- Real Estate Transaction Law
- Equipment Finance Litigation
- Consumer and Commercial Finance
- Appellate Law
- Fraudulent Transfers
- International Business Disputes
Courts of Admittance
- Texas State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Executive Advisory Board, Pink Petro, LLC, 2016
- Vice – President, Executive Moms Society, 2015
- President, Executive Moms Society, 2016
- Team Manager, Nottingham Country Elementary Destination Imagination Team, 2015-2016
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2004
- B.A., University of Arizona, History, 2001
- B.A., University of Arizona, Journalism, 2001
- National Order of Barristers
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Homestead Designations: What are They and How Do You Terminate Them? State Bar of Texas’ 14th Annual Collections & Creditors Rights, 2016.
- State Bar of Texas
- Commercial Finance Association